Saturday, September 6, 2008

some dialogue

i wrote this a while back. it's my first attempt at writing dialogue. yes, my first. and forgive the formatting.

Woman, on top of Man in bed (both clothed), with hair disheveled from tussle. Man, with arms pinned above his head by Woman, with his head turned to the side, tongue slightly appearing out of the side of his mouth, has his eyes closed and is trying to hold his breathe.
Woman: “what are you doing?”
Man: “playing dead.”
With that, Woman releases his arms, a little dejected. Man quickly rises up and envelopes Woman in his arms, turns and throws her down and pins her arms. Woman is shocked, but the look of disappointment remains.
Man: “oh, how the tables have turned.”
Woman: “get off of me.”
Man: “it seems you are at my mercy now.”
Surprise has left her face, and is replace with a mix of anger and annoyance.
Woman: “get off me now.”
Woman’s tone makes Man a little annoyed.
Man: “seriously?”
Woman: “yes.”
Man sighs as he releases Woman’s arms. Woman quickly rises up and envelopes Man in her arms, turns and throws him down and pins his arms again. Woman laughs triumphantly. Man exclaims.
Man: “damn you and damn my sense of fair play”
Woman: “you’ll never get the best of me.”
Man: “so true. name your terms.”
Woman: “will you surrender so easily?”
Man’s and Woman’s tone soften, breathes deepen.
Man: “if the terms are agreeable.”
Woman: “so you’re hoping for a benevolent queen?”
Man: “maybe not too benevolent.”
Woman looks down with a moan, then back at Man’s face with a smirk.
Woman: “well, one of my terms has been met.”
Man: “you know how wit turns me—“
Neither Man nor Woman say any more, as Woman quickly and deeply kisses Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment